We are fortunate to be surrounded by a large number of Natural Trust properties and nature reserves.
1. WWT – Castle Espie (3 miles) Castle Espie Wetland Centre is set on the shores of the stunning Strangford Lough in Northern Ireland where almost the entire population of Light-bellied Brent Geese reside during the winter months.
3. Ulster Wildlife Trust – Ballydyan (8 miles) With two different parts, half of the reserve is mature ash and some scrub and the other half is a grassland with some wetland areas. It is an incredible place for birds and in spring there are many interesting butterflies.
4. National Trust – Mount Stewart House and Garden (12 miles) One of Northern Ireland's most popular National Trust properties with a celebrated landscaped park voted European Garden of Inspiration 2003, and dramatic views across Strangford Lough from the Temple of the Winds.
5. National Trust – Castle Ward (22 miles) A dramatic setting overlooking Strangford Lough with woodland, lakeside and parkland walks offering stunning viewpoints.
6. Tollymore Forest Park (29 miles) For the student of garden follies, Tollymore is a rare treat: a barn dressed up to look like a church, stone cones atop gate piers and gothic-style gate arches all show the influence of that highly individualistic designer, Thomas Wright of Durham (1711-1786).
If you have any questions about Anna's House, please feel free to email us on email@example.com.
“A real gem. Anna is a superb host and amazing cook.”